ReSound is a Danish hearing aid manufacturer that was created more than 70 years ago. ReSound is known as one of the most visionary and technologically advanced companies in the hearing aid market and has been responsible for a few hearing aid firsts. Some of those include the “made for iPhone” hearing aids, digital feedback suppression, wide dynamic range compression, and the first open-standard chip. Just like ReSound created the first made for iPhone hearing aid, the Linx Quattro was also the first hearing aid to offer direct wireless audio streaming for Android devices. It is easy to see why ReSound is known for pushing the envelope and advancing hearing aid technology.
When the ReSound Linx Quattro was released, it was ReSound’s premium hearing aid replacing the Linx 3D. The Quattro is powered by a chip platform that provides improved sound quality, rechargeability, faster connectivity, and the ability to fine-tune and make changes remotely. The Quattro quickly set itself apart because it was introduced with a faster chip, more memory, and more processing power. The Quattro features great sound quality that provides a clearer and more natural hearing experience along with a rechargeable lithium ion battery.
Details to Consider Before Buying
When the Linx Quattro hearing aids were released, they were some of the most anticipated hearing aids to hit the market in a long time. After making their products iPhone compatible in 2013, the Quattro brought a similar level of connectivity to Android users. The addition of a rechargeable lithium ion battery made them far more convenient while the increased processing speed and memory significantly improved the sound quality. These devices also do a terrific job of lessening the annoyance of the tinnitus (ringing in the ear) that plagues many hearing aid wearers. When they first were introduced, they were one of the most expensive hearing aids on the market, and that has not changed even with the arrival of the ReSound One. The general life rule “You get what you pay for” definitely applies here as the quality of this hearing aid is equal to its price. As a customer, you have to decide if it is worth it for the type of hearing loss you are experiencing. The following are some of the pros and cons associated with the ReSound Linx Quattro.
- It comes in either a Receiver-in-Ear (RIE), Behind-the-Ear (BTE), or customizable Completely-in-Canal (CIC) version depending on your preference.
- It was the first hearing aid to be compatible with the Android operating system for streaming purposes.
- The lithium-ion batteries are convenient and a full charge lasts up to 30 hours.
- Directionality features, including the two microphones per ear and the fact that your left and right hearing aid can communicate with each other, makes it easier to focus on the source of sounds.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows better experiences when listening to music, watching television or connecting to many Bluetooth enabled electronics
- You can customize the sound frequencies to your own hearing loss.
- An audiologist can fully customize these hearing aids to fit your ear and your hearing loss.
- A wide range of 2.4 GHz accessories are available for the Quattro.
- One of the best apps in the industry.
- A “wind noise reduction” option is available.
- Helps to fight against the tinnitus which is a common complaint of those that wear hearing aids.
- It is one of the more expensive hearing aids available.
- You cannot purchase them without the help and direction of an audiologist.
- The Bluetooth does not really have a very good range to stream well.
- The single button on each ear can be difficult to get used to and there is a slight delay in the volume adjustment after pressing the button.
- The lithium-ion batteries are great, but just like an iPhone, when the battery life is dead, the product basically is as well.
- For close to the same price, you can upgrade to the ReSound One.
- If you get the Quattro with the lithium-ion batteries, they are a little bigger than some other hearing aids.
Features & Benefits
The ReSound Linx Quattro comes in either a Receiver-in-Ear (RIE), Behind-the-Ear (BTE), or customizable Completely-in-Canal (CIC) version depending on your preference. The design of all three is sleek and unobtrusive, but the customizable CIC is easily the least noticeable. There is not much difference in terms of features for each of three versions so therefore the choice really depends on personal preference. This device is perfect for moderate to severe hearing loss because it offers incredible sound quality and good microphones while also trying to make the listening experience as natural as possible for those who still hear some frequencies and sound without hearing aids.
One of the best things about the ReSound Linx Quattro is that an audiologist will take care of the fit for you resulting in optimum patient comfort specific to your unique needs. A computer program that adjusts frequencies and sounds to each individual will be utilized. In addition numerous options in terms of fit and style are available so each patient can have access to top-notch technology while also ensuring a comfortable fit.
Here are some of the other features you will find with the ReSound Linx Quattro:
- ReSound Smart 3D App
Many consider the ReSound Smart 3D app one of the best in the industry, and the Linx Quattro is compatible. The app is really easy to use and allows you to customize your own hearing experience from your smartphone.
- Impact Noise Reduction
When a sudden, loud noise occurs in the environment, it can be jarring for a hearing aid wearer. When this feature is turned on, it can reduce the effect of a loud and unexpected noise without impacting everyday conversation.
Most newer hearing aids take directionality into account. In general, the idea is that noises directly in front of you are more important than those to the side and behind you. A pair of Linx Quattros work together to pinpoint the location of a sound and determine which sounds are the most important based on their relative location.
- Environment Optimizer
Even in noisy environments, the Linx Quattro hearing aids focus on speech and more importantly the speech of the person or people directly in front of you. There are different settings for different environments so that the hearing aids can be customized to the types of noises you will hear.
- Input Dynamic Range
Because of the higher than normal input dynamic range of 116dB SPL, loud noises should come in clearer and easier to understand while quieter noises should be more easily perceptible with less background interference.
- Tinnitus Reduction
While you are wearing the Linx Quattro hearing aids, even if you have tinnitus it can be masked by the hearing aids. When you take them out, however, the tinnitus usually comes back.
- Natural Listening Experience
The goal of every ReSound hearing aid is a more natural listening experience. The apps are high caliber, the streaming helps, and the technology is top-notch, but the most important thing is that the listening experience is positive for the hearer. Online reviews of this product show a lot of happy customers.
While there are traditional battery powered Linx Quattro hearing aids, one of the most exciting options is the rechargeable lithium-ion option. Lithium-ion batteries are generally very reliable and can hold a charge for a long time, in this case up to 30 hours. Even if you do a lot of streaming, you can expect more than 20 hours on a full charge which means you do not have to be concerned about running out of batteries after a long day. They are also really easy to charge as they come with a base similar to that of a pair of wireless headphones. When you put them on the charger, they turn off, and when you pick them up they turn on immediately without having to press a button.
- Sound quality
This has been mentioned previously, but it is one of the most important features of a hearing aid. With fast processing speeds, noise reducing features, streaming options, and Bluetooth technology, these hearing aids give you optimal sound quality.
The Linx Quattros were the first Android-capable hearing aids and ReSound also made the first made for iPhone hearing aids. Basically, if you are concerned with finding a hearing aid that can stream from any device, ReSound should be your go-to company. They noticed early on how important smartphones would be for people in general and they put a lot of resources into making this technology accessible.
Bluetooth technology is not just for smartphones. Many other electronics like music players, televisions, etc. come with Bluetooth connectivity and the ReSound Linx Quattro is Bluetooth compatible with many products.
Some of the accessories that are available with your ReSound Linx Quattro hearing aids include:
- ReSound Multi-Mic: Enhances sounds and speech you want to hear regardless of the environment.
- ReSound Phone Clip: Makes phone calls clearer and music better while muting background noise when needed.
- ReSound TV Streamer: You can stream stereo sound from your computer, television, music player, etc.
- ReSound Remote Controls: You can connect this remote control to your hearing aid and adjust volume or switch between programs.
The ReSound Linx Quattro is one of the more expensive hearing aids out there. To purchase a Linx Quattro, you have to speak with an audiologist first and ensure that the Quattro is right for you. Your audiologist will also talk to you about customization and after purchase care so that the cost of the hearing aid is more than just the amount you pay for the item itself. It really depends on the type of care and the level of the product that you desire, but a Linx Quattro hearing aid can be anywhere from around $2,000 to more than $5,000. It is important to note that you are paying for quality, customization, medical expertise, and a more natural listening experience.
- How much does the ReSound Linx Quattro cost?
The cost varies greatly depending on the model and where you purchase the device, but you can expect to pay at least $2,000 or more depending on the services you need.
- When did the Linx Quattro hit the market?
The Linx Quattro came out in 2018 and has been updated a couple of times. The new ReSound One is thought to be the replacement for the Linx Quattro.
- Can you find the ReSound Linx Quattro at Costco?
You can find some ReSound models at Costco and other retailers, but the Linx Quattro cannot be found there.
- What company manufactures the ReSound Linx Quattro?
Danish company GN Hearing is the manufacturer of all ReSound hearing aid products including the Linx Quattro. The Linx Quattro is one of the company’s high end products and one of the most technologically advanced hearing aids on the market.
- Is the ReSound Linx Quattro the best hearing aid on the market?
When the Linx Quattro was released, there was a lot of fanfare for the product and it did not disappoint. It was the first Android compatible hearing aid and featured great sound quality with high end features. The new ReSound One by GN Hearing has recently been released and is expected to replace the Linx Quattro.
ReSound hearing aids set themselves apart from the competition because they press the envelope technologically allowing a hearing experience that is as natural as possible. With the advent and subsequent increase in Bluetooth technology, ReSound saw that streaming capability and Bluetooth connectivity was and is the future of hearing aids. The Linx Quattro is the first Android compatible hearing aid on the market, but it is also made to pair with Apple products. The ReSound Linx Quattro is a great product with fast processing speeds and top-of-the-line sound quality, but it is the advanced technology that sets it apart and makes it one of the best hearing aids on the market.