Hearing Aid Specialist

What is Hearing Aid Specialist?

A hearing aid specialist is a non-audiologist who holds a state license that allows him or her to dispense hearing aids. They do not have university training in audiology, but they have completed a training program that teaches them about hearing aids and how to fit them.

What is the difference between an audiologist and a hearing aid specialist?

The main difference between an audiologist and a hearing aid specialist is that audiologists have university training in audiology. This training includes coursework in anatomy, physiology, and acoustics, as well as clinical experience in diagnosing and treating hearing loss.

Audiologists are also able to provide more comprehensive services than hearing aid specialists, such as:

  • Identifying the cause of hearing loss
  • Recommending treatment options
  • Providing counseling and support

What is the role of a hearing aid specialist?

The role of a hearing aid specialist is to fit and dispense hearing aids. They can also provide education about hearing aids and answer questions about hearing loss.

What is an audiologist called?

An audiologist is also sometimes called a hearing health professional.

Can an audiologist refer to ENT?

Yes, an audiologist may refer a patient to an ENT for concerns that require their specialization. An ENT, or otolaryngologist, is a doctor who specializes in the ear, nose, and throat. They can diagnose and treat hearing loss, but they do not have the same training as an audiologist in fitting and dispensing hearing aids.

If you are considering using a hearing aid, it is important to talk to a hearing aid specialist. They can help you choose the right hearing aid for you and answer any questions you have.